The Art for Inclusion Initiative
- The Art for Inclusion Initiative is done in conjunction with the India Inclusion Foundation to highlight the abilities of artists with physical and intellectual disabilities.
- We believe that the unique talents of these artists need to be in the spotlight. Many of these individuals use art to communicate thoughts, feelings and life experiences in a way that transcend their disabilities.
- By sharing their artwork with the public offers an opportunity for everyone to see the world through different eyes.
- We will provide a platform for artists to celebrate, connect and catalyze with renowned institutions and mentors.
- Applications open period – 10th July to 20th August. We focus on Painting Art this year.
- Screening and final cohort selection will be conducted by a jury, which includes international speed painter Vilas Nayak, mouth and foot artist RK, famous graphic artist Sriram Jagannathan and art curator Abhishek Poddar .
- Selected applicant’s artwork will be exhibited during IIS 2019 and at corporate workspaces like Vindhya, ANZ, Allegis, JPMC, and SAP.
- The cohort will undergo a full day boot camp with Vilas Nayak and other celebrities from the inclusion space.
- Selected paintings will be curated to have an inclusive experience. (Tactile & Audio enabled )
- The cohort will get to experience the Museum of Arts and Photography, Bangalore, under the guidance of its founder Abhishek Poddar.
- The cohort will be felicitated on 17th November during IIS.
- The Art for Inclusion initiative is a focused program only for the differently abled artists.
- Applications to be done through the India Inclusion Summit webpage. Click below to apply.
- Once the application is submitted, our team will get back to you by mail/ call for further screening formalities
- Final selection will happen by September 15th, 2019, and the India Inclusion Foundation team will directly reach out to the selected candidates
- Selected candidates should be available in person in Bangalore for 15, 16 & 17th of November 2019
- All travel/ accommodation arrangements for the selected candidates will be taken care of by the India Inclusion Foundation
- The India Inclusion Foundation will not directly facilitate any commerce between the artist and event participants.
- Applications Open Period: 10th July—20th August
- Initial Screening: 15th August—30th August
- Final Selection: 15th September
- Invites to Selected Artists: 01st October—15th October
- Art for Inclusion Exhibit at IIS: 16th and 17th November
- Exhibition at Corporates: 20 November onwards
Note For All: If you have an interest in any of the extra ordinary showpieces of art and wish to contact the artists/ representatives, please send an email to email@example.com
We will gladly forward your request and contact information to the artists/ representatives.